A Dedicated Attorney
- Since 2013, Attorney Ruby Powers is 1 among the 170 plus immigration attorneys certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Immigration Law and Nationality Law.
- Powers has served as AILA’s Law Practice Management Chair between 2015-2018 and TX Chapter Advocacy (Co-) Liason 2015-2018. She previously served on the State Bar of Texas Law Practice Management Committee and as the Chair of the Houston Bar Association Law Practice Management Section. She is currently the Vice Chair of the Media Advocacy Committee.
- Powers often speaks at law practice management conferences for AILA and the Houston Bar Association on effective firm management and leadership topics.
A Business Leader
- With more than 10 years of experience as a law firm owner, Attorney Ruby Powers knows firsthand the ins and outs of setting up a law practice from scratch, building a vast client base and succeeding in a crowded market.
- Since the inception of her firm, Powers has grown her business up to 14 employees, consisting of multiple attorneys, and satellite offices. She once managed her firm remotely from Dubai and Turkey for 14 months.
- Powers was named a 2019 Women Who Mean Business Honoree, Outstanding Leaders in Law, by the Houston Business Journal.
- Powers was named a Super Lawyers Rising Star and Super Lawyers Up and Coming 50 Women in 2019.
- Received the Houston Bar Association’s Small Firm 2019 Bench Bar Pro Bono Award for Powers’ advocacy efforts.
A Proven Advocate
- Attorney Ruby Powers is a frequent national and international speaker and a media resource on immigration law and law practice management topics. Powers’ advocacy efforts have been featured in the Washington Post, CNN, MSNBC, the Rotarian, Fox, NPR All Things Considered, Reuters, Mother Jones, CBS News, LA Times, and multiple international news sources.
- Powers is a candidate for State Representative District 134 in 2020.
More Information To Come...
Follow us on social media for more information and subscribe to our law practice management newsletter for exclusive content and special promotions on Build And Manage Your Successful Immigration Law Practice (Without Losing Your Mind).